Pekka started working at VALOR in the spring of 2023. He has over ten years working experience in diverse and demanding environments, from executive management and leadership, strategy consulting and investment banking to working as an airline pilot.
Pekka has accumulated extensive and diverse experience in the social care and healthcare industry, ranging from working in large organizations’ management and leadership positions, through detailed process development, to understanding the dynamics of social care and healthcare service provision and organization.
Pekka has experience from a total of more than 150 consultancy projects—from developing individual care chains and hospital building planning to demanding strategic projects for private service providers and investors. In his consulting work, Pekka has been praised for his solution-oriented approach and ability to compile vague starting situations into clear and structured conclusions. Pekka’s strengths lie in strategy work, change management, designing and renewing operational models, developing the financial performance of operations, and in value-based social care and healthcare services.
Examples of selected assignments:
- Productivity and change programs for social care and healthcare cooperation and wellbeing service counties
- Strategy work and identifying new social care and healthcare business opportunities for large corporations (e.g., insurance companies, construction companies, national retail chains)
- Describing the market and management business plan for Finland’s leading healthcare service provider’s IPO prospectus
- Renewing quality management and change leadership for the leading service provider of residential housing services in the Nordics
- Functional planning of construction projects for numerous university and central hospitals, as well as providing project planning support
- Health economics impact assessments for the pharmaceutical industry
- Independent research and surveys for public institutions (e.g., Kela, ministries)
Master of Science in Economics, Aalto University School of Business, major in Finance, minors in Economics, and Management and Organizations. Commercial Pilot, Finnish Aviation Academy.
Outside the office
During his free time, Pekka is particularly excited by winter sports and has been an active ski instructor at Pyhätunturi Ski School for almost 15 years. In the summer, he enjoys nature and running, and he also has a passion for motor vehicles.