Since establishing VALOR with Matti, Antti and Raine, Henrikki has been the managing partner responsible for the firm’s daily management, actively participating in advisory work. He has been in the advisory business since 1996: at Carta Corporate Advisors (acquired by Booz Allen Hamilton in 1998) between 1996 and 1998, and founding partner at Nordic Adviser Group between 1998 and 2011. Prior to his consulting career, Henrikki was responsible for corporate planning at Amer Sports, and especially the entry into the winter sports business.
Henrikki has extensive experience across industries and strategic issues related to growth, operational improvement and M&A. Geographically, the assignments have stretched from the Far East to North America. Henrikki has a special interest in corporate strategy, ownership issues and M&A.
Examples of recent assignments:
- A structure and governance model for public transportation organizations in the Helsinki metropolitan area
- A joint ecosystem strategy for three major financial institutions
- A joint venture strategy and structure for two agriculture businesses
- A non-organic growth strategy for a major energy technology company
- An evaluation of efficiency improvement potential in the construction and maintenance of public infrastructure
- An adviser in the acquisition of a telecom infrastructure company
Master’s Degree in Industrial Management from Helsinki University of Technology.
Outside the Office
Henrikki is the father of four children. Combining intensive consulting work with family life does not often leave much spare time. However, skiing, boating, travelling, and enjoying the atmosphere at their cottage in the country house are excellent opportunities to relax and spend time as a family.