Seppo is an energy sector specialist of very high standing. He was awarded the Finnish honorary title of Energianeuvos by the President of the Republic in 2011. Before joining VALOR as Senior Advisor in 2012, he spent 12 years as CEO of Helsingin Energia, now Helen Oy. Previously, he served as Executive Vice President of Fingrid Oyj and CEO of industrial energy group Teollisuuden Voimansiirto Oy. He has also held multiple board memberships in major energy companies in Finland.
Seppo has extensive experience of power company leadership and management, especially in the issues of ownership policy, regulation, corporate structure and the streamlining of operations.
Recent examples of work as an advisor:
- Risk management handbook for a power utility
- Advising an energy authority in power balance management
- Financial engineering for a power utility
- Power market projection in several cases
- Several spin-offs, acquisitions and transactions in the power sector
- Board membership in an energy management service group
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from Helsinki University of Technology.
Outside the Office
Outside work, Seppo enjoys golf, hunting and music.