Prior to establishing VALOR with Henrikki, Antti and Raine in 2011, Matti was a founding partner at Nordic Adviser Group, 1998–2011. Matti has worked in the strategy and M&A advisory business since 1996, and started his career at Carta Corporate Advisors (acquired by Booz Allen Hamilton in 1998).
Matti has advised clients across industries and geographies in issues related to strategy, value creation and ownership. In addition to large international corporations, Matti has worked with various family offices, family owned enterprises, institutional investors, private equity and public sector clients. Matti has wide experience of a range of M&A advisory and partnering assignments.
Examples of recent assignments:
- Growth strategy for the energy division of a listed engineering company
- Evaluation of a major investment project for a listed consumer goods company
- International energy sector sell-side assignment
- Strategic target review and buy-side assignment in Central Europe
- Prioritized M&A target list for an international branded goods company
- Strategy process and revised roadmap for a PE-owned infrastructure asset company
- Strategic evaluation of a division of a listed Nordic media company
- Review of a government-owned investment company and Finnish venture capital funding system
Master’s Degree in Finance from Helsinki School of Economics (currently part of Aalto University).
Outside the Office
Matti focuses his limited spare time on outdoor activities.