Marko joined VALOR as a management consultant in August 2022. Before this, he worked as a global consultant at McKinsey & Company and as a strategy analyst at RELEX Solutions.
Marko is by nature a generalist, and he has wide experience of different assignments from a variety of industries in many markets around the world.
Examples of assignments in which Marko worked before joining VALOR:
- Analyses and due diligence related to M&A and IPO
- Cost optimization such as raw material, headcount and SG&A cost optimization
- Customer satisfaction, customer journey and marketing development
- Growth strategies and product development strategies
- KPI metrics defining, dashboard building, target setting and measurement
- Lean Six Sigma methodology-based improvements such as manufacturing or maintenance optimization
- Transformations, including diagnostic, planning, implementation and project management office assignments
Examples of industries in which Marko worked before joining VALOR:
- Basic materials such as pulp & paper and metals
- Cargo handling
- Consumer packaged goods and manufacturing
Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from Aalto University with a major in Strategy & Venturing and a minor in Computer Science. The degree was completed with honors.
Outside the office
During his spare time, Marko focuses on holistic wellbeing, including various sports. Besides ball games and weightlifting, Marko’s key interests include motorsports, and he has a long competitive sports history in car racing – for example, in Lamborghini’s GT racing team.