Kalle joined VALOR in January 2020. Kalle has more than 20 years of extensive and successful industry and management experience in the energy sector. He has worked in Fortum in several different management positions in the areas of commodity trading, portfolio management, strategy and business development. Most recently he worked as CEO in the energy market and efficiency service company Enegia.
Kalle has broad and deep knowledge and experience, especially across the energy sector, from a major European utility and a private equity-driven growth company. Kalle has been in charge of several business development initiatives, operational efficiency programs, M&A processes etc. Kalle has a special interest in cases that aim to lead to some concrete actions and impacts. Examples of recent assignments:
- Developing a district heating offering and customer interface for a utility company
- Leading a process to find a new business/investment partner for a growth company
- Reviewing the risk and portfolio management basis and practices of a utility company
- Leading a special development initiative for a district heating company consortium
- Developing an electricity sales market entry plan for a potential newcomer company
- Developing a new heating and cooling concept and business for a consortium of three companies
Master’s Degree in Power Engineering and Energy Economy from Helsinki University of Technology.
Outside the Office
Kalle is married and the father of two adult children. Family, friends, cottage and kettlebell keep him busy and content outside working hours.