Jonas joined VALOR in the summer of 2015. Prior to that, he worked at the international consultancy McKinsey & Company, and before that at a local Finnish advisory boutique. Jonas leads the firm’s work in Investment Banking and has garnered particular experience of telecoms, infrastructure, energy and healthcare transactions.
Jonas has extensive expertise in leading buy- and sell-side M&A advisory engagements, as well as debt advisory, supporting some of the leading global financial sponsors and industrial companies. Recent engagements include:
- Advising Ardian on the acquisition of the Nordic and Baltic district heating and industrial energy asset Nevel from Vapo Group
- Advising Infranode, KEVA and Vantaan Energia on the acquisition of the district heating assets in Järvenpää and Tuusula from Fortum
- Advising Savon Voima on the acquisition of the district heating asset in Joensuu from Fortum
- Advising Digital Colony on the acquisition of the terrestrial television tower company Digita from First State Investments
- Advising the Government of Finland in the evaluation of strategic ownership alternatives for Nordic Morning Group
Master of Science from Aalto University School of Economics.
Outside the Office
Outside the office, Jonas is most comfortable at sea or in the air. He is passionate about exploring the archipelago of the Baltic Sea, as well as taking on the longest possible commercially operated flights. In addition, Jonas is a great friend of fine French food.