Klaus joined VALOR in 2019. Prior to that, he worked at GAC Finland, providing maritime agency services for global cruise lines. During his time in the shipping industry, Klaus gained valuable experience and expertise in operational development and project management. Furthermore, working with industry leaders such as Carnival Corporation gave him a perspective on international business. Klaus holds a master’s degree in strategy, graduating from Aalto University School of Business on the Dean’s list in 2019.
During his time at VALOR, Klaus has been involved in various projects from operational improvement initiatives in public transport to Nordic infrastructure M&As. Klaus is keenly interested in corporate strategy and M&A, and is part of the VALOR deal team, executing both buy- and sell-side assignments. Examples of recent assignments:
- Advisor to a financial sponsor in the acquisition of a Nordic industrial and municipal infrastructure company
- Advisor to a consortium in the acquisition of a district heating asset
- Advisor to an industrial client in the acquisition of a district heating asset
- Make or buy analysis for a public healthcare provider
- Reorganization of two business units for a public transportation organization in the Helsinki metropolitan area
Master’s Degree in Strategy from Aalto University
Outside the Office
In his free time, Klaus enjoys reading and runs a small philosophically oriented book club. Exercising in the gym and playing various sports are also ways for him to relax outside the office.