Klaus joined VALOR in 2016. Prior to that, he worked at the strategy and M&A consultancy NAG, and in the supply chain and operations advisory team of EY. Focusing especially on energy sector clients, Klaus is particularly interested in navigating the turbulence in the energy transition and enthusiastic about IoT, analytics and data-driven decision making.
Klaus has experience across industries, but he has most recently focused on the broader energy sector, including operational improvement, strategy development, and ownership and M&A. All in all, he prefers to take a strategic perspective on business development. Examples of recent assignments:
- Procurement development diagnostics and implementation of recommendations
- Corporate strategy process for an energy company
- Strategic evaluation and M&A process
- Valuations for different infrastructure businesses
- Energy industry strategic review
- District heating pricing model development
- Operational efficiency change program
Master’s Degree in Industrial Management from Aalto University.
Outside the Office
Once a promising junior golfer, his interests have since moved on to all kinds of mountain-related activities. You might see him either hitting the powder or climbing a via ferrata in the Austrian alps – or perhaps more likely just planning his next trip.